Back in the Middle Ages and the time of Ancient Rome brides carried wedding bouquets to symbolize new beginnings, fidelity, fertility, and to ward off evil spirits. Now, the bouquet is an essential part of a modern bride’s attire, completing the ensemble with natural elegance. Beyond the bridal bouquet, flowers will add visual beauty and a touch of romance to your ceremony and reception decorations.
There are many benefits to hiring a professional florist for your wedding bouquets. A professional will be able to create an incredible custom floral design that will integrate seamlessly into your wedding style using a wide variety of flowers and colors for the bouquets, boutonnière, alter decorations, and centerpieces. Fresh flowers will also add an element of life to your decorations that you can’t get from other options and will naturally enhance the atmosphere of your wedding.
Hiring a professional will help save you TIME and STRESS because you will have a partner to consult with when you have questions. Before you hire a florist ask them a few questions to make sure you can work together to make your vision come to life. You won’t get to see the results before the wedding day and you need to be able to trust that the florist will use their expertise to create your vision.
Mike Gaddie is the owner of Lloyd’s Florist. His designs are award-winning and his service has delighted newlyweds for years. I have personally always been impressed by the quality of decorations, centerpieces, and bouquets that Mike and his team create. Here are his suggestions for tips before you meet with a florist for your wedding.
• Have the ceremony and reception location booked. It is necessary to know the atmosphere of the location before you can discuss the possibilities for decorations.
• Have the color of the bridesmaids dresses selected so you can discuss a complementary color palette and flowers for the bouquets.
• Ask about pick-up, delivery, and set-up arrangements.
Mike Gaddie has been the master designer at Lloyd’s since 1987 and the owner since 2000. Lloyd’s has a commitment to excellence to ensure your vision is evident in every aspect of your floral design by providing professional and personal customer service. You can find more information about Mike and Lloyd’s Florist at www.lloydsweddings.com
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
• SIGN-UP HERE to be on our email list and get EVERY part of the Unveiled series sent directly to your Inbox.
• CLICK HERE to auto-download a PDF of the information Mike has offered about preparing to meet with a florist.
• CLICK HERE to go back to the first part of the Unveiled Series: Budgeting for a Fairy-Tale Wedding with Sharon Rumsey.
• CLICK HERE to discover why PhotoSculptor is the right photographer for your wedding.