How do you know when hiring a wedding planner is a good idea? Well, a good wedding day is like a tree. It would fall over without all the roots working together to hold it up. On your wedding day there will be many things happening (all at the same time) and it is going to be impossible for you to manage it all of your own. This is when it becomes important to have a person available to handle all the activities that happen at the last minute.
There are many options when it comes to choosing the right person who will navigate your wedding day. It should be a person who will be with you through the planning process and know the things that you like. Someone you trust to make decisions on your behalf. Someone who can be flexible when plans don’t go exactly right and is really good at problem-solving.
If you don’t have a person like this in your life then it might be a good idead for you to consider hiring a wedding planner or a day-of coordinator. This person will become your right-hand or your second brain. Hiring an experienced professional will guarantee that you can use their knowledge to make your wedding day a success. You won’t even have to worry about what goes on behind the scenes because your planner/coordinator will be there to take care of it. All weddings run more smoothly when there is a dedicated person available to handle the details.
I have worked with Lorrie Hanners from L&M Detailed Events several times over the years. She is an experienced wedding planner that can ensure you have a magical wedding celebration. I have seen her work small intimate events and also manage lavish multi-location affairs. I’ve always loved how she is clear with all the necessary communication and is willing to jump in and help in every situation.
Lorrie sent me a list of questions that you can use when interviewing planners and/or coordinators. These are questions that she finds important to help you differentiate the quality of services that planners can offer to you. Hopefully by asking these questions a natural conversation will begin about your wedding and how a planner or coordinator can make it everything you have dreamt about.
For a Wedding Planner:
• Is there a limit on communication during the planning process and how do you communicate with your couples?
• Do you receive commissions or kick-backs from vendors referred or booked? Are you obligated to refer specific vendors?
• How many planners/coordinators will be available on my wedding day? How long will they be present?
For a Day-of Coordinator:
• How far in advance of the wedding will your services begin? Is there unlimited communication during that time?
• Will you visit my venue with me prior to my wedding week?
• Will you help me create a wedding day timeline?
• How many weddings does you company take on in a weekend? Year?
Lorrie Hanners is the co-owner of L&M Detailed Events. Her enthusiasm and creativity help her make sure every event is a success. Working together, with her partner Melissa Anderson, they will help you check-off all the things on your endless to-do list and have fun while you are doing it. These ladies are party planning experts. Pick your style and they will make it happen. You can find more information about Lorrie and Melissa at www.lmdetailedevents.com.
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
• SIGN-UP HERE to be on our email list and get EVERY part of the Unveiled series sent directly to your Inbox.
• CLICK HERE to auto-download a PDF of the information Lorrie has shared about hiring a wedding planner plus some bonus material about gowns and flowers.
• CLICK HERE to go back to the first part of the Unveiled Series: Budgeting for a Fairy-Tale Wedding with Sharon Rumsey.
• CLICK HERE to discover why PhotoSculptor is the right photographer for your wedding.